Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The ONE



When I first started painting God's Names on Rocks,
I never realized what a never-ending job it could be!

Just recently on Blue Letter Bible, I pulled up all the references
that pertained specifically to God as "The One".
In writing down a long list, I began to see that this blog could go on forever!

I guess I feel a little like the Apostle John, who said in John 21:25
that the whole world could not contain the books that could be written about Jesus!
He went on to say in John 20:31 that these things were written that
"that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God,
and that by believing you may have life in His NAME."
 Thank you for allowing me to present some of HIS NAMES to you in this blog!

So today, I am just going to remind you of some of the posts that were done in the past,
and am considering taking a blogging break for awhile.
(These previous posts can be found by searching the blog archive column on the right) 
Thank you so much to all of you that have stopped by!










While taking a blogging break from Rock4Today,
I am still doing posts on Joy4Today when I have
some exceptional photos or thoughts to share!
Click on the link above to check it out,
or take a look at this one on SISTERS from my archives!

Thanks again for all your kind comments and encouragement
as I pursued this challenge!
A special thanks to Jenny Matlock of Alphabe-Thursday,
who inspired and challenged me to think of posts
for each letter of the alphabet.

And in case you wondering...
you never can tell...
I might just take up this challenge again!
Our God is limitless,
and therefore, so are His titles and names!



9 comments:

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

This was definitely a huge undertaking, but an important one! Enjoy your time away.

jeannettestgermain said...

Each of these stones must be meaningful to the maker, and wish more people who believe in God would do that:)

Betty said...

I think the blog could practically go on forever and you'd probably run out of rocks first. Enjoy your blog break.

Annesphamily said...

I love your rock art and always love hearing your words here. I am trying to catch up and enjoyed my visit today. Have a wonderful weekend.

Maria said...

Dear Essther, I love these rocks!! And what a fitting way of remembering that God is our Rock. I am so thankful you stopped by my blog today and allowed me to find yours. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Maria @ The Good Life
http://www.thegoodlifegirl.com/

Joanna Sormunen said...

What a wonderful and creative idea to remind ourselves of all that God is for us and what He has done for us. I love it!

Laurie Collett said...

Our pastor is currently doing a series on the names of Jesus -- he gave us a list of 265! May God bless you in your unique ministry.

edenhills said...

So many wonderful rocks. I certainly can see why you might want a break. That is a lot of work.

Molly Young said...

This is so cute and creative! Would make a great for someone too, especially if they garden! =)
{www.redeemingtheday.com}